A shirt and belt is all that makes up the basic Scout uniform. These items can be purchased from Scoutshop stores or on-line at Scout Shop or 2nd hand on Gumtree etc. Scarves and badges are provided at no cost on investiture.
Long pants/cargo shorts/skirts etc: dark blue is preferred and all sections are expected to have a hat for outside activities, preferably wide brim. Covered in shoes must be worn at all times (including water activities etc.)
UNIFORM ….. TAKE CARE OF IT…. keep it clean & neat and WEAR IT WITH PRIDE.
- Scout Association Joining Fee $30 (for new members only)
- Term Subs fees are $80 per term (This includes Yearly registration and Insurance including personal accident and public liability insurance)
Payments can only be made by Cash or Cheques to be made out to 1st Warners Bay Scout Group.
Fundraising is needed to supplement the costs of the groups expenses and you are expected to participate in these events.
What to bring for meeting nights
For the comfort, fun and safety of our youth members please ensure the following items come with your child each week.
Joeys & Cubs
- Wearing uniform, which includes scarf.
- Spare shirt for when activities could damage Scout Shirt
- Wide brimmed hat if doing outdoor activities
- Water bottle, but we do have a bubbler.
- Record Book (Yellow Book for Cub youth members)
Scouts & Venturers
- As above, plus
- Record Book (Green or Maroon)
- A4 D Ring Folder to store resources that maybe handed out at meeting nights by our leaders, PL’s or Unit council.
- Notepad & Pen/Pencil
- Multi Tool is optional
This gear should be kept and transported in a suitable backpack that can also be used for day hikes. Our local camping stores at Warners Bay and Boolaroo normally give a scout discount on purchases made by scouts, So if you don’t have one this could be a good Christmas or birthday gift.
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask